Monday 12 August 2013

Ducks, swans and geese

Hello!

Today I'm going to talk about ducks and swans and geese. These wonderful - and often loud - creatures are found all over Britain.


One day, we were taking my brother to the A&E because he had hurt his finger and, whilst my Mum sat in with my brother, my Dad and my younger brother went out to walk along the river Wharfe. We were lucky enough to be greeted with all sorts of birds, trying to get bread off passers-by. Many of the birds came extremely close, leading me to believe that they are used to human life.





The day was great and it was amazing seeing all these birds up close. Ducks have only ever come as close to me as that when I went to a big forest - it was an Arboretum (?) or something. Anyway, it was a pleasant experience.




I have been able to take pictures of the bats, like I said, but I will tell you that they circle our house. We believe that they might live in the ivy on our house, however there are many places locally that they could be staying. I'll try to update you with more information soon!

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment